I’m sharing this short video that the Heritage Foundation shared on Facebook highlighting six things they say Trump’s Secretary of Education nominee, Betsy DeVos, should do in her first 100 days leading the U.S. Department of Education.
I know there will be mixed reaction among our readers on some of these ideas. I’m just putting them forward for further discussion.
- Support states as they work to exit Common Core.
- Call on Congress to pass the A-Plus Act returning power to the states. (Read Lindsey Burke’s explanation of the bill here.)
- Reauthorize the D.C. Opportunity Scholarship
- Cancel the Department of Education guidance on transgender bathrooms.
- Rescind the Obama Administration’s heavy-handed education regulations.
- Create Education Savings Accounts for children at Bureau of Indian Education schools.
Watch the video below: