Last week, I highlighted the news that the U.S. Department of Education is looking for public feedback on different federal education regulations.
Several people asked me what regulations they could comment on since the website for that wasn’t exactly straightforward. Here are a few regulations, identified by the taskforce, that are related to K-12 education.
This list is NOT exhaustive (click links to read the regulations):
- Privacy Act Regulations (Part 5B)
- State Administered Programs (Part 76)
- General Education Provisions Act Enforcement (Part 81)
- Student Rights in Research, Experimental Programs, and Testing (Part 98)
- Family Educational Rights and Privacy (FERPA) (Part 99)
- Title I Improving The Academic Achievement Of The Disadvantaged (Part 200)
- Assistance to States for the Education of Children with Disabilities (Part 300)
- Vocational and Applied Technology Education Programs; General Provisions (Part 400)
- State Vocational and Applied Technology Education Program (Part 403)
- Educational Opportunity Centers (Part 644)
- Student Support Services Program (Part 646)
These regulations are not new so they are not open for comment at Regulations.gov so what I would do is leave a comment on the notice the U.S. Department of Education released last week.
If I learn of additional regulations to add or additional information I’ll post again. Just remember comments are due by August 21, 2017.