Linda Murphy, a former candidate for Oklahoma State Superintendent of Education and a veteran educator, blasted the Common Core saying the state has bought into the Common Core deception.
Here are her primary points about implementing the Common Core:
- Losing state and local control.
- Extensively and frequently testing students.
- Collecting extensive personal student data stored in data banks without parental consent.
- Dropping superior state academic standards.
- Adopting inferior untested national standards.
- Committing states to multimillion dollar additional expenses.