Richard P. Phelps at the Nonpartisan Education Review provides an excellent resource. They offer five articles that provide a historical, financial and media analyses of the organization that spawned the Common Core State Standards, the two copyright holders, two of the paid proselytizers, and the delivery vehicle, where the reputed Common Core architect, David Coleman, now runs things where Phelps says he earns an annual salary of well over million dollars.
Here are the links to each article:
- The Organization Named Achieve: Cradle of Common Core Cronyism
- The Council of Chief State School Officers and National Governors Association: Whom do they serve?
- Real Clear Propaganda: Bellwether’s Education News Bias
- The Thomas B. Fordham Foundation and Institute: Influence for Hire
- Does College Board Deserve Public Subsidies?