PTA Council of Howard County
Student Privacy and Data Collection Forum
Monday, November 4
7:30pm – 9:30pm
10914 Clarksville Pike
Ellicott City, Maryland
The forum is free and is open to the public
Join the PTA Council on November 4th to hear from a panel of experts to learn about student privacy and data collection. Our expert panel includes:
• Ms. E. Grace Chesney, Chief Accountability Officer, Howard County Public School System
• Ms. Elizabeth Kameen, Assistant Attorney General and Chief Counsel, Maryland State Department of Education
• Ms. Sheila Kaplan, Student Privacy Expert and Founder of Education New York
• Mr. Dale King, Director, Family Policy Compliance Office, US Department of Education
• Mr. Barmak Nassirian, Student Privacy Expert
• Dr. Jack Smith, Chief Academic Officer, Maryland State Department of Education
The November 4th forum is designed to provide parents with:
· a better understanding of what data is being collected and shared about their children
· the impact changes in education policy have on their child’s privacy
· the policies and procedures the school system has in place to protect student privacy
· the protections parents have under the law
· what parents can do to protect their child’s privacy
For more information, please contact PTACHC President Christina Delmont-Small at: 703-434-2185 or email@example.com.
The PTA Council of Howard County (PTACHC) serves the 73 PTAs located in Howard County, Maryland. Our over 25,000 members include parents, teachers, students and community members who through their local PTAs advocate for each and every child in Howard County. PTACHC provides information about issues impacting the education and well-being of Howard County children and assists local PTAs by exchanging and pooling information and experience, and by interfacing with the Howard County Public School System.
Click here to download the flier.